How to Put the Power of Probiotics to Work for Your Health!
How Siani’s proprietary natural, blend of live, safe, healthy probiotics work to keep people well is complicated.
We are going to try to simplify it for you…
What is Biofilm?
A biofilm forms when certain microorganisms (for example, some types of bacteria) stick to the surface of an object, including your skin. The microorganisms form an attachment to a surface of the object by secreting a slimy, glue-like substance.
The slime in the bathroom drain is a biofilm. Scum covering a rock in a stream is a biofilm. The sock-like feeling you get in your mouth when you haven’t brushed your teeth in a while is a biofilm.
Skin also has a biofilm.
Biofilm can cause a whole host of health issues.
What are pathogens?
A pathogen is an organism that causes disease. There are different types of pathogens, but the 4 most common types are viruses, bacteria, fungi, and parasites.
Pathogens can be transmitted a few ways, depending on the type. They can be spread through skin contact, bodily fluids, airborne particles, touching a surface touched by an infected person, and more.
Example of the steps for the pathogen to take to cause illness:
- Pathogens, such as viruses, need a host to survive. (A host could be an organ inside your body.)
- The pathogen finds a biofilm providing the perfect environment for it to hangout while waiting for its trip to its host.
- Let’s say the pathogen initially stuck to the biofilm on your remote control.
- You take the pathogen-ridden, biofilm-covered, remote control into your hand to change the channel. Oops… now the pathogen is on both.
- Next, you touch your mouth with your pathogen-infested hand.
- Now, the pathogen enters your body, searches for its host, finds it.
- The next thing you know – you are sick. And guess, what, everyone you touched and those that touched the remote are probably on their way to illness, too.
How do topical probiotics help keep you from becoming ill?
Siani’s topical probiotics have good bacteria (microscopic cleaners) that break up biofilm by killing the harmful bacteria and leaving the good bacteria to thrive.
The good bacteria create a protective shield against bad bacteria, so the biofilm can’t survive while the probiotics (good bacteria) remain active.
Siani’s proprietary natural, blend of live, safe, healthy probiotics break up biofilm reducing the ability for the pathogen to attach to a surface.
Once applied, Siani’s topical probiotic products remain active for up to several days.
Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. Always consult your healthcare professional before making any changes to your health care regimen.